Thanks to the generosity, vision and tenacity of Mr Alwin Traeger and Mr Ernst Kaesler, Riverview Lutheran Rest Home Inc continues to provide quality residential care and services for aged and disabled people in the Riverland and surrounds.
On 8th May 1954 Mr Alwin Traeger and Mr Ernst Kaesler purchased a 9 bedroom home and 4.5 acres at 5 Luther Road, Loxton at a cost of £3,500 pounds [$7,000], with the vision of setting up a low care Home for the Aged in Loxton.
After inspiring others, and gathering support and momentum, they transferred the property to the UELCA to enable a 25 room Rest Home to be built.
The Foundation Stone of Riverview Lutheran Rest Home was laid on 19th July 1964, by the Vice-President of the SA District and a former pastor of the St Peters congregation, Pastor H Stiller with over 400 people attending. Riverview was an apt name for the Rest Home with the Murray River flowing past, down below the cliffs.
Due to increased community needs, 12 Independent Living Units were completed and quickly occupied in 1984. The expansion and renovations continued at Riverview eventuating into a 40 bed aged care facility which included a 6 bed Dementia Unit, 12 High Care rooms and a lounge area.
As the demand for Aged Care continued to grow, a brand new purpose built 20 bed Memory Support Unit was opened in 2016.
13 new Serviced apartments were also constructed ready for occupation in 2016.
Find out more...
For more detailed information on the history of Riverview please click here.
Home | Our Vision | Our People | Our Board | Our History | Our Region | Residential Aged Care | Memory Support | Serviced Apartments | Independent Living Units | Residential Care Accommodation Charges | Respite | What's On | Your Help | Contact
Site design | That's Graphic